Alright, I’m finally sitting down to write my first post. I’m not sure where to start. :) Ever since getting married four months ago tomorrow, life for Jon and I, at our cute little cottage home, has been extremely busy! It seems like we are constantly doing something. Jon has school and work, I work full time and we have a seemingly endless To-Do list of errands and things to do around the house, etc. And if we’re not doing any of that, we’re often going to someone’s house for dinner or some other get-together or hosting our own get together at our house.
This past Friday Jon and I drove up with Nate and Shawna to Chambersburg, PA for the Landis family reunion that was on Saturday. This reunion happens every two years and this is the first year Jon came to it. Jon and Nate took four-wheelers up because the house where we stay is a farm and there are plenty of open fields and woods to ride in. They had a blast! Jon took me for a few rides too; of course he had to go really fast to scare me a few times :). Friday night Nate and Shawna & Jon and I stayed in a pop-up camper that someone there let us use. It was freezing out side and not much better inside. Nate was afraid that we’d all die from the propane heater fumes if he left it on constantly all night so he set it at like 70˚ and it would go on and off. The problem was, 70˚ at the center of the camper where the heater was, did not mean 70˚ at the very end of the camper where Jon and my bed was! Everyone else said they slept fine, but me, being the always cold person that I am; I kept waking up the whole night! It was defiantly an experience!
We didn’t get home from Chambersburg until late Saturday night and then early Sunday morning we left to go to New York City for a convention called “Digital Life”. It’s a convention for video games and all other sorts of new technology and electronics. Jon was totally excited to go and very happy that I was going with him to keep him company. During the day he got to play two new video game systems (Play Station 3 & Nintendo Wii) that aren’t out yet. He was like a kid in a candy shop! :)
So that was our crazy weekend! We laughed thinking about being in Chambersburg Friday and Saturday and then Sunday being in New York City. They’re just two completely different worlds. In Chambersburg you’re surrounded by farms and fields with cows and crops and a completely laid back life style, very different from the crowded streets and fast pace world of New York City.
Tonight Jon’s going to his first Hunters Safety Course class. I always said I didn’t want to marry a hunter and I thought I succeeded, but then a few months ago Jon decided he wanted to try it out; so much for my plans! He said he’s not going to bring the heads home and mount them all over the house though! Thank goodness! :)
This post is starting to get long. There are just so many things going on in our lives and so much to say. I’ll continue writing tomorrow. I’ll have to post some recent pictures and some pictures of our wedding too. I can’t believe it’s been 4 months already!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment