Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Full Weekend...

This past weekend was a full weekend for Jon and I. Jon had his final Hunter’s Safety class on Saturday… HE PASSED with flying colors! :) He’s excited to start hunting but I’m not sure when he’ll be able to. While he was there I was busy cleaning around the house and getting ready for the couples night that we held at our house Saturday night. I am really happy with all that I got done. Besides doing a general clean up of the entire house, I completely cleared out the living room of all the stuff that was piled around the edges and stacked in the corners. It looks like a different room now :) . I also spent a little bit of time organizing in the spare room… that still needs a lot of work.

Saturday night Dwayne & Rachel and Brian, Sarah and the kids came over. Ian and Ashley were supposed to come but it ended up that they couldn’t make it. I made funnel cakes for the first time with a recipe that my mom would make when I was young. After adding more than double the amount of milk the recipe called for, the funnel cakes turned out YUMMMY. I’ll post the recipe once I find out the correct amount of milk & flour.

Sunday after going to Brian and Sarah’s for a church sound-team get-together we went shopping around for the best deal on a chest freezer. Since I’m making applesauce with my mom this coming week and Jon got his hunting license and will hopefully get a deer sometime in the future, it was time we needed more freezer space. The last place we ended up was at Best Buy because Jon has a rewards card for there and they were having this special event where only rewards club members could shop after hours. They had raffle drawings and double rewards points for purchases and they were giving out a free gift to the first 100 people who came in the door. We got there a little early with our favorite fast food dinner (Taco Bell) and were planning on eating it in the car while we waited for the doors to open. Our plans changed though when we saw there was already a huge line of people waiting to get in. So we took our dinner and stood in line for about 15 minutes for the doors to open. All that just to each get a Best Buy Coffee mug, Yippee! Oh well, maybe they’ll come in handy sometime.

We did find a freezer at Best Buy so we bought it that night in order to get the double rewards points for Jon. It’s just a small 5 cubic foot chest freezer but we hope it’s enough to store plenty of food for the two of us. I’ll just have to be careful not to buy a ton of stuff just because I have the room now. We also found a computer desk for the spare room. I’m really happy about that because I’ve been shopping for a desk and just wasn’t finding one that I liked. The one we bought is just a little “computer cart” that doesn’t have any drawers or anything, but it’s small so it doesn’t take up much room and I’m just going to go out and buy some kind of filing cabinets or drawer units to go along with the desk.

Last night was a very exciting night for me because my ring has been at the jewlers since last Wednesday and last night we went to pick it up. My wedding band was getting soddered to my engagement ring because it would always spin all around and you could never see the diamonds on it. It looks so shinny and new now and the soddering job looks perfect! You can hardly tell that the rings were soddered together. We also went to get me a new cell phone because I had a credit for one after renewing my plan for another 2 years. I ended up getting a cute PINK razor phone for only $3!!! (after the mail in rebate). I love it just because it’s pink and it only cost $3 :).

So, that brings us up to today. Tonight we have nothing on the calendar so I’m excited to just spend time with Jon. I’m not sure what we’ll do but it’s just nice knowing we don’t HAVE to do anything. At the moment I’m just starting to wonder what I’ll make for dinner.

Tomorrow night while Jon’s working I’m going to my mom’s to make applesauce. That should be fun! I don’t actually like applesauce but Jon does and it will be nice to have for when company comes over.

No comments: