Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm 22!

I'm finally getting a chance to write about my birthday, valentines day, and the rest of last week's adventures and discoveries :). Jon's extremely busy with school projects for his finals coming up, so he's been upstairs all day working on one of his projects and that's where he is right now. The week or so before finals I don't see him very much usually :(. We just ate dinner - egg sandwiches and pork roll - about 30 minutes ago and it's 9:00 pm now! ha

So anyway, about my birthday - last Tuesday I turned 22, yikes! I was at work all day and when I came home I was surprised with a cake, balloons, flowers and gifts on the kitchen table waiting for me. Jon made the cake all by himself and had just finished icing it while I was on my way home - talking his ear off over the phone - I had no idea he was trying to ice a cake while I was talking to him :)

Here's what I saw when I got home:





I was so surprised Jon had actually baked a cake! Isn't that so cute!!! :) He's so sweet. And it tasted good too!The flowers and balloons were from Jon's parents. First I got to open my gifts - a PINK DS Lite with a PINK case and Diddy Kong Racing to go with it. That's one of my all-time favorite video games since when I was little :).

After I opened my gifts we drove to Jim's Buffet to get take-out Chinese food... YUMMY! :) Then we came back and hung out at home the rest of the night. We played Diddy Kong Racing together, watched a CSI episode and just had fun enjoying each others company. It was a nice relaxing night.

Our first married Valentine's Day was perfect! We got snowed-in together all day! Jon's school got canceled and he had found out the day before that he didn't have to work. I was originally going to try and go in to work around 10:00 but the weather didn't get too much better and about half the other people I work with weren't going in so I stayed home too. We had another really relaxing day at home and for dinner I decorated with cute candles and hearts and we had a nice candle-lit dinner. After dinner we watched a few of the videos from our wedding and reception. That was really neat! We hadn't watched them since we got married so Valentine's Day was a great day to remember and re-live our wedding day :). We both had written each other letters which we exchanged too. Jon's made me cry - it was so sweet!


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... On my birthday I also found out I am anemic! I'm actually sorta excited to learn that I have a medical condition that is curable and that's symptoms include always being tired and cold. Those are two things I defiantly am, and I'm hoping that once my doctor figures out the root cause of my anemia, and tells me how to treat it, that I won't be as cold and tired all the time! But for now, it's a good excuse to get Jon to turn the heat up! ;) He's already caught on though. hehe!

Thursday when I came home there was another bouquet of flowers on the table for me! This time they were from my love... 12 light pink roses!!! They're sooo cute and they're still alive and looking well today. He knew I wanted to be able to have my flowers at work so I could enjoy them more (since most of the time I'm at work anyway). So he got me the roses to take to work. Which I did on Friday, but then brought them back home to enjoy over the weekend.

Friday afternoon I left work and took Kelsey to the doctors office and then to Grand View's Outpatient center to get x-rays. She had fallen while snowboarding on my birthday and her wrist was still hurting her, so I said I'd take her to the doctors to get it looked at. My parents were on a cruise - I'm jealous after all this cold weather :) - so they weren't around to take Kels. In the end she didn't have anything broken but we were both glad that we knew nothing was wrong instead of wondering and not knowing.

Saturday I spent most of my day cleaning and organizing around the house and cooking, while Jon worked on his final projects. We had Scott & Joann Heebner over for lunch on Sunday so I made spaghetti sauce on Saturday and we had spaghetti when they came over. Jon enjoyed adding his special ingredients to the sauce while I was cooking. He likes to make me nervous when he starts adding all kinds of things to whatever I'm making. This time it came out good! :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Hey Lana,
Hee hee, I smile the whole time wile reading your last posting!!!