Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Last Days in Germany

Back home and back to always being busy! I’m finally getting around to finishing my journal of Germany… I left off Friday night when we were on our way back from Austria… Saturday was a pretty relaxing day. We were able to sleep in and then went to Robert & Conny’s to pick up Oma and take her home. (btw… I had been spelling Conny’s name wrong in all my previous posts, that’s why it’s different now) On our way to take Oma home we stopped at Globus, a 2 level grocery/department store. There, we bought all kinds of caandy - mostly chocolate and gummy bears - to bring home. After dropping Oma off and saying a sad goodbye, we drove back to Conny and Robert’s for dinner - which Conny made!! The salad dressing was made from scratch and was delicious! I got the recipe :) Jon also said that the chicken with onion sauce was really good. I had pizza because I’m not a huge fan of onions :). Benjamin & Daniel’s Cousin Andre (sp?) - who came over for our wedding with Benjamin - was there for dinner as well. It was nice to actually meet him when we weren’t completely distracted with wedding stuff.

Sunday - what we thought was our last day - we again were able to sleep in late and then went for a nice walk with Jon’s parents in the park next to our hotel. After picking up Conny, Robert, Benjami, Daniel and Andre we went to visit another castle which was actually still occupied by the royal family who had passed the castle down through the generations for over 800 years. It was hard to get a picture of this entire castle because it was huge and spread out right in the middle of a town. Here's a glimpse:

After visiting the last castle we didn’t do too much. We sat around at Conny and Robert’s for a while then said our goodbye’s and went back to the hotel to pack up and go to bed.

Monday we left for the airport after breakfast and waited in line for what seemed like forever, only to find out that there was a problem with our tickets and we weren’t booked on any flights that day. By that point it was too late to fix the problem in time to fly out Monday so we got to stay another day! We stayed at a hotel right near the airport and took a taxi into the center of Frankfurt to do some shopping. Frankfurt is one of the bigger cities over there so it was a lot different than anywhere else we had visited. Jon found a pocket knife and I found salt & pepper shakers! :) I’m so excited that I found them because I’ve been looking everywhere I go and haven’t been able to find any for months! Here are some pictures from in Frankfurt:


A Church we visited:

Our entire trip to Germany was a lot of fun but Jon and I both agree that the highlight of our trip was going to the top of the mountain in the Alps! It was just so amazing!! We were glad to be home Tuesday night though. It’s always great to go on vacation, but it’s also great to come home afterward :).

I think that’s about it. I probably forgot to tell about something but I don’t want to bore everyone with all the little details anyway. If you want to know more, ask! :) We've also got over 700 pictures!! :)

No comments: