Wednesday, March 28, 2007

SPRING IS HERE!

I am absolutely LOVING this weather! Sunday, yesterday and today were gorgeous spring days! At work I have a window right next to my desk (since I switched desks a few weeks ago) and the window has been open all day yesterday and today - so even at work I can sorta feel like I'm outside. It makes work so much more bearable. Nice days like yesterday and today are when I really wish I didn't have to go to work. I'd love to be outside doing yard work or playing with kids or anything outside! Oh well, soon enough...

This spring Jon and I have big plans for working outside at our house. We're going to clear the bushes and weeds from the one side of our yard and plant grass. Then we'll have enough room, hopefully, to put up a volleyball net and we're going to get a picnic table and make a fire pit so we can have picnics this spring, summer and fall. We're also planning to re-paint the porch and I'm hoping to re-do all my flower beds - they're looking pretty terrible right now. We'll see if that all gets done! :)

Jon had an interview at THP Monday so we were in high hopes that he would soon be able to stop working two nights a week and start getting experience in his field. Yesterday they called to say they don't have a job for him... Jon was disappointed and I'm a little bummed but oh well - THP's interview process is very strange and it's pretty much a game of luck whether you get in or not - it really doesn't make sense. Before Jon even had his interview I had prayed, asking God that if it was His will for Jon to get a job at THP, that He would work things out... so it must not be God's will for Jon to work at THP. Now we need to wait and see what is His will. Jon's submitted his resume a few other places and is also starting up a sort of side business with his cousin Stephen - they're going to be making websites for people - they already have 3 or 4 people who want websites.

While I'm on the topic of jobs and positions. My position at THP is in the process of changing. I'll still be working on the same team (the IT Team) but my supervisor is changing and I will be working more with the Help Desk, which is helping people with computer problems or anything else technically related. I'm only going to be doing very simple technical stuff, fixes or updates, etc. and I'll also be helping to monitor and administrate other projects and requests for other people on my team. I should be keeping very busy as time goes on and I move completely into my new position. I'm excited about the change!

As far as other things happening here at our house... Last week I don't remember much of what we did - my memory is horrible! Sunday we had Aron and Melissa Osborne and their kids over for lunch after church. We enjoyed hanging out and talking with them until almost 6:00. The kids watched a movie and played Lego's upstairs after lunch so we could talk.

Last night we had Kassia, Alysa and Kelsey over for dinner and games. That was fun too! Jon cooked hot dogs and chicken on the grill and we had noodles for dinner. Yumm! That was our first meal on the grill this spring - we love cooking on the grill when it's nice out. After dinner we played a game of Clue and a game of Sorry! I'm not usually a big game person, but those two games are fun. I remember being a lot better a Clue when I was younger though :). Kassia won the game of Clue but for almost half the game of Sorry she couldn't get any of her little pawns out of her start circle! Everyone was starting to feel bad for her but she came back and ended up coming in third place. Haha!

And that's pretty much what's been happening! Tomorrow I'm excited for Manda and Sarah to come over and scrapbook with me! It's been way too long (over a month), since last time we got together. I'm still working on my wedding album and now I have hundreds of Germany pictures added to my waiting-to-be-scrapbooked pictures. I need to work faster and talk less when the girls come over :).

Well, Jon was working tonight and now he's home so I'm going to go spend some time with him :).

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh I just can't wait to become an Aunt. I was thinking about it the otherday, and Aunt Kelsey just doesn't sound right. Maybe I will get my nieces and nephews to call me Aunt Kay(K)
I know, I'll stop bugging you about that:)