Let’s see, I left off right before we went to New Attitude. The conference was great and refreshing. If you’re interested, all of the messages we heard are being offered free of charge from Sovereign Grace Ministries here on their website.
After New Attitude was Jon’s 21st Birthday! What I said we would be doing in the last post was not actually what was happening. I planned a surprise party for Jon at Fox & Hound in King of Prussia. It was just him and I and a small group of our friends. We REALLY got him good. He was planning on meeting up with all his friends at 8:30pm at a bar that’s about 5 minutes from our house. Knowing that, he was getting really worried as we kept driving farther and farther away from our house to go to a “surprise” restaurant for dinner together. He kept saying stuff like “where are we going?” “We shouldn’t be going this far away! We’re never going to make it back in time!” etc… I was laughing inside :) We had a great time hanging out when we got there, and everything went smoothly. My big gift to Jon was a GPS system - which has come in handy quite a few times since Jon’s birthday. Here are a few pictures from the party (click them to enlarge):



Thursday night after Jon’s birthday party was crazy – just as I had expected! I was up till late doing wash, packing and straightening up the house; getting ready to leave for Ocean City. Friday June 1st I took a half-day at work so we could make it down to the shore in pretty good time after finishing up packing.
Our week down in Ocean City was a nice break from work, school and normal busy life. We had great weather most of the time too. It only rained for a day and a half. I’m upset at myself for how few pictures we took while we were there, but we weren’t really doing much that was picture worthy. I did get a few though so here are some:


Jon had all kinds of fun with his cousins Stephen and Matt – who came in from Oklahoma the Monday after we got down to Ocean City. As usual they were up till the early hours of the morning almost every day. I was excited to find a store on the boardwalk that sells previous-year Gap clothing. I came home with a few extra pieces of clothing then I went with, and a cute ‘Life Is Good’ back-pack bag.
This past week back at home with Stephen and Matt still here, went by incredibly fast. Every night Jon and his cousins were doing something. And we had a nice family dinner at the Inn Tuesday night in honor of Jon’s birthday. Since we left for Ocean City just a day and a half after Jon’s birthday, my parents and family never got to celebrate with him and neither did Jon’s parents. So our two families went out for dinner and then back to Jon’s parents for desserts...yummmy!
So that’s a very quick summary of what has been going on in the last few weeks. There’s one more thing though, but I’ll post again to talk about it…


No comments:
Post a Comment