Tuesday, August 07, 2007

JON'S HOME!

Jon, his mom and David flew into philly airport last night at around 9:00 pm - safe and sound. Jon's dad and I had been waiting there for about 45 minutes before they arrived. I am so glad I have my husband back!! The saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is definitely true for me. :)

I didn't end up making corn last Saturday because no one had 600 ears of corn (200 for me and 400 for my mom) and it's also the very beginning of the corn season so we were told the corn is not as good. We might be freezing corn this coming Saturday now.

Sunday I was busy cleaning and getting ready for Jon to come home. I was pretty sure most of the day that I was sleeping at my parents house Sunday night, but by around 7:00pm I still had wash in the washer, and a list of stuff I wanted to do yet - so I decided to brave-it and stay home by myself...for the first time ever since being married! I called Jon right when I was getting in bed and talked to him till I was pretty tired, then after I got off the phone with him I started praying and praying - about anything I could think of - to keep my mind distracted till at some point I fell asleep. haha

I'm going to post a few pictures Jon took while at Quakecon.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I'm proud of you ... sleeping at home alone ... I knew you could do it, my friend! Enjoy having your hubby home!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alana,

I am so sorry i never emailed you before. i kept meaning to but time really gets away from me. and io seem to have lost you email also :(. so how have you been??? email me again and i promise to send youone back. alicia.vaca@gmail.com
Alicia