Thursday, October 25, 2007

How great is our God!

One week ago yesterday I left for work in a hurry and in the process, forgot to put on my wedding & engagement rings – which are soldered together. When I got home they were gone. Jon and I looked everywhere. We picked through the trash piece by piece, we searched the walkway and driveway outside and also inside my car. I was to the point where I was looking in the same places two or three times. The next few days at work I’d stare all around the ground as I was walking in to see if maybe I lost them there.

Three days later - Friday night - we left to go to the cabin for the weekend. By Saturday night Jon was looking for his wallet and couldn’t find it. Sunday we did a more thorough search of the cabin and car – Jon’s wallet was also gone! When we got home his wallet wasn’t in the house either. The last time we could remember him using it was to get gas at Bergey’s so we called there – no one had turned in a wallet.

After both of these things we were praying hard. God was certainly trying to teach us something but we did not know what.

This past Tuesday (1 day less than a week after I lost my ring) Jon called me at around 9:30 in the morning to say that his wallet was found. Apparently he set it on top of the car while filling the gas tank Friday night, then forgot it there and we drove off. It stayed on the car (probably because of the bike racks) through the pouring rain and high speeds, till we were almost up to the cabin, where it must have flown off and landed on the side of the road. Then some kind man found it and turned it in to the municipal office up there. A lady at the office found Jon’s number on his gun carry permit (which he had just gotten the day he lost his wallet); she left Jon and urgent message saying they had his wallet and he could pick it up anytime. Amazing!

Then, not even two hours later, I went out to my car to take my morning break and noticed a parking space open right near where I usually park. So, like I’d been doing often since I lost the ring, I was looking around on the ground to see if my ring was there. I looked kinda quickly because I had looked a bunch of times already, as I was turning away something caught my eye and I turned back and walked over to it…IT WAS MY RING! Unbelievable! Amazing! God is soo so good!

So, the moral of the story: God is in control of even the smallest little details of our lives, and he cares! He gets all the praise for that amazing day! So many things could have happened to either my ring or Jon’s wallet, but God protected both and worked through the whole situation to teach us to trust Him even more.

Hopefully this story encourages you today as much as it has and continues to encourage Jon and I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings tears to my eyes every time i hear the story - God is so good and worthy of our trust and praise! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I still can't beleive that!!!