When I was working the days felt like they went on forever and I was so bored sitting at work with nothing to do. Now the days feel like they fly by. I can't believe how quickly they go by. I thought I would be all caught up with everything on my to-do list in no time but with most of my list still un-done, I was obviously wrong :). There are so many things to be done and so much to organize and making a full meal almost every day takes a lot longer than I was expecting. I started with a stack of recipes I had cut out of all different magazines and now I've almost made all of them. I've been making a new meal almost every night for dinner. If we like it then I write it onto a recipe card with notes about how much we liked it and what I should do differently next time - if anything.
Thanksgiving also came and went since the last time I posted. We went to my parents house for lunch with a big group of my family. Then we came back to Jon's parents for dessert later in the afternoon and stayed there most of the evening. It was a nice relaxing day.
The weekend after Thanksgiving - Friday afternoon to Monday night - Jon was up at the cabin for hunting - which started Monday. Unfortunatly it rained Monday so it wasn't great for hunting. Tuesday he went out again with Nate down near my parents house. He really wants to get a deer this year :).
Tuesday we went out and got a Christmas tree and Wednesday we decorated it. I like how it turned out this year a little better than last years tree. Here are some pictures.


Oh yes, and I now have somewhat of a job again, starting this past Wednesday. I'm coat checking for day-time banquets at the Inn Tuesday - Friday during the month of December (up until the Friday before Christmas). So far this past week I only worked 2 days because I wasn't expecting to start until next week. I worked only Wednesday and Thursday. Those two days there were not many coats so I'm not sure how things are going to continue...or if I will continue. We'll see.
Since I haven't been working I've been able to get out during the days often and I am just about done my christmas shopping and gift wrapping!! It feels good knowing I don't have to rush around at the last minute in all the craziness to get my gifts this year!


1 comment:
I just love your Christmas tree!!! Good job!
Post a Comment