A blog I discovered a few months ago: Money Saving Mom is what got me started playing "the drugstore game". I have always clipped coupons and used them for things we would normally get, but I never realized until recently, the possibilities and potential in couponing and smart shopping. I won't go into all the nitty gritty details of how to get started and all the lingo that fellow couponers use, etc. because so many blogs including moneysavingmom.com already have done such a great job at explaining all that. I just wanted to share with you my Walgreens & CVS shopping trips from this week. It was a really good week for stockpiling! So here goes... hopefully I don't make your head spin too much!
WALGREENS

Here's how I got all this stuff FREE, plus made $6.27:
Buy 2 Windex Spray Bottles -- 2/$5.00
Use two $1/1 manufacturer coupons
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $2.00 ($1 each)
$0.50 each after coupons and rebate
Buy 5 Glade Carpet & Room Odor Eliminators -- $1.99 each
Use five $1/1 manufacturer coupons
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $5.00 ($1 each)
FREE plus $0.05 overage after coupons & rebate
Buy 1 Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Max Starter Kit -- $3.99
Use $3/1 manufacturer coupon
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $1.50
FREE plus $0.51 overage after coupon and rebate
Buy 4 Scrubbing Bubbles Flushable Bathroom Wipes -- $2/$5.00 x 2
Use two $0.75/1 manufacturer coupons
Use two Buy-one-get-one-free coupons to get two free
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $4.00 ($1 each)
FREE plus $0.50 overage after coupons and rebate
Buy 1 Nivea Mens Body Wash -- $4.99
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $4.99
FREE after rebate
Buy 2 Glade Wisp Candles -- $5.99 each
Use buy-one-get-one-free coupon to get one free
Get $3 in Register Rewards (good on my next purchase)
Submit for manufacturer Try-Me-Free mail-in-rebate of $5.99
FREE plus $3.00 in overage after coupon, Register Reward and rebate
Buy 2 Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubbers -- $3.99 each
Use two $2.75/1 manufacturer coupons
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $3.00 ($1.50 for each)
Submit for manufacturer Try-Me-Free mail-in-rebate of $3.99
FREE plus $4.51 overage after coupons and rebate
Buy 3 Glade Scented Oil Candle Holders -- $3.99 each
Use three $2/1 manufacturer coupons
Submit for Easysaver Rebate of $6.00 ($2 each)
FREE plus $0.03 overage after coupons and rebate
Buy 5 Glade 4 oz. Candles -- $1.99 each
Use five $1/1 coupons
Submit for Easysaver rebate of $5.00 ($1 each)
FREE plus $0.05 overage after coupons and rebate
Buy 2 Crest 6.4 oz Toothpastes -- $1.99 each
Use two $1/1 Walgreens coupons
Use two $1/1 manufacturer coupons
FREE plus $0.02 overage after coupons
Total before coupons & rebates: $79.79
Tax Paid: +$4.55
Coupons, rebates & Register Rewards: $-87.46
10% bonus for getting Easysaver rebates on a gift card: $-3.15
Total Made on Transaction: $6.27
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CVS

Here's how I got all of this FREE:
Buy 1 Arm & Hammer Essentials Cleaner -- $2.50
Use $1/1 manufacturer coupon
Submit for manufacturer Try-Me-Free mail-in-rebate of $2.50
FREE plus $1 overage after coupon and rebate
Buy 1 32oz Vitamin Water -- $2.29
Receive $2.29 back as Extra Care Bucks (to be used like cash on next transaction)
FREE after ECB's
Buy 2 Always Infinity 18ct Pads -- $4.98 each
Receive $9.96 back as Extra Care Bucks ($4.98 each)
FREE after ECB's
Buy 1 Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste -- $2.99
Use $1/1 manufacturer coupon
Receive $2.00 back as Extra Care Bucks
FREE after ECB's
Buy 1 Bic Soleil Razor -- $5.99
Use $2/1 manufacturer coupon
Receive $4.00 back as Extra Care Bucks
FREE after ECB's
Buy 4 Bic Soleil 4 ct Razor Refills -- $5.99 each
Use four $2/1 manufacturer coupons
Receive $16 back as Extra Care Bucks ($4 each)
FREE after ECB's
Buy 1 Mentos -- $0.79
I used Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) that I had from previous transactions to pay for this transaction. When you use an ECB in a transaction your total must be the same or more than the total of your ECB or you will loose the extra ECB's. This is why I bought the Mentos - to get my transaction up to the right amount so I didn't loose part of my ECB's. After the above transaction I now have $34.25 in Extra Care Bucks to use like cash on future purchases at CVS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, now I've probably thoroughly confused some of you but hopefully also I've made some of you curious and interested in the whole idea of couponing and drugstore shopping. In just two months or so of doing this I've accumulated a very good supply of household things such as: toothpaste, mouthwash, toothbrushes, makeup, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, razors, shaving cream, medicines, feminine supplies, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, laundry supplies, dish washing supplies, and many other things including some food items - all for either FREE or VERY little. I'll admit, it does take a good amount of time to get started and learn the ins and outs, but at the end it's totally worth it, at least for me! If you've got questions I can try to answer them, or there are all kinds of blogs and websites out there that are dedicated to this type of stuff.
Have FUN!! Happy Shopping :)


No comments:
Post a Comment