Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Heartbeat, A Christmas Tree & A New Title

Baby Update:
Morning sickness is still a symptom of pregnancy that I experience regularly. Sometimes it seems like maybe it's getting a little better, but then there's nights like last night and the night before where I feel as sick as ever again. Monday I was 9 weeks along so now I'm well into my 10th week. Time is thankfully going by pretty quick. My house is still far from neat and tidy but I have been able to keep up with it here and there so it's not so bad. Jon continues to be a huge help around the house - often making or helping with dinner and just being willing to hang out at home with me and take it easy most nights. Exaughstion is another symptom that's been following me around all the time. Most mornings I'm just crawling out of bed around 10am and I'm still tired and ready for bed by 10:30 or 11:00 at night. The last three days I've noticed a little bit of spotting again, so yesterday I went in to see my midwife - just to ease my mind. She was able to find the baby's heartbeat with her Doppler device and I was able to hear it as well! She also took a look and said everything else seems fine. All this was very comforting and it was so neat to hear the heartbeat for the first time. My next scheduled appointment is the day before Christmas Eve. Jon is planning to come with me to that one so he can hear the heartbeat as well. That should be fun!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Tuesday night Jon and I went out to get a Christmas tree, then came back and decorated it - I know, we're a little late this year. We decided to go with a somewhat smaller and skinnier one this year since last year's tree took up a bit too much of our living room. I think we found the perfect one.

I'm enjoying the lack of clutter on the tree for probably one of the last years for a while. With a little one on the way I'm sure it won't be long before our Christmas trees starts to fill up with lots of ornaments the kids make and want to display. :) I haven't done much more decorating since we put the tree up. Hopefully tonight Jon can help me with some of it. As soon as it stops raining Jon will be putting up the lights outside too. Can you believe Christmas is only 13 days away! Oh my, I shouldn't have counted... now I'm feeling a bit behind. I've still got about half my Christmas shopping to do and I've got to finish our Christmas letter and picture to send out, plus bake some cookies and other holiday treats and finish decorating the house!

Jon's new responsibilities at work:
As of last week Jon is now the photographer for his company - along with all that he was already doing. He is excited to be learning photography and is looking forward to shooting his first newly re-designed home today. The company has a very expensive camera and professional lenses, lighting, etc. for Jon to use. He said there is a LOT to learn but he will enjoy the break from office work whenever he's able to get out to take pictures. He's also glad to be getting more experience in photography because it's something he has wanted to learn more about for a while. Jon used his works camera to take the above picture of our Christmas tree. Here's my photographer at work:

No comments: