The day before we left for the conference Jon started coughing almost constantly all day long. This kept up but got a little better each day until yesterday. Yesterday he started to feel pain in his chest and was having a little trouble breathing at times. So last night we went to the emergency room since the symptoms weren't improving. They did a chest x-ray and discovered he has Pneumonia! They're not sure if is bacterial or viral but they put him on a different kind of antibiotics and gave him some breathing treatments. The chest pain is gone ever since they gave him an IV with antibiotics at the hospital. The coughing has also gotten much better and is now pretty much just when there's something he needs to cough up. We're praying he recovers fast and that I don't catch anything.
As a quick baby update - so much for thinking my morning sickness was gone. ha! I'm still queasy at times and even threw up for the first time since my last post. Since I cannot stand throwing up, I was hoping I'd make it through without doing it at all, but oh well. I threw up right after taking my prenatal vitamin one night - they were getting harder and harder to handle and finally one night when I already wasn't feeling well I just couldn't hold back. My loving husband was so kind and cleaned up the mess for me. He is so great!
Just a week and a half left before my next ultrasound! We might be able to find out what we're having at this ultrasound - especially if it's a boy. Jon is still refusing to consider it's anything but a boy :). I on the other hand am leaning towards girl - especially the longer this sickness keeps up. Tomorrow I'll be 15 weeks and I'm still queasy pretty often.


No comments:
Post a Comment