Yeah! I'm so happy! I just received a call from my midwife. I had an appointment on Monday but they hadn't received the results from my last ultrasound yet. She got them today though and the venous lakes are all gone!! My midwife said they see this a lot in the early stages of the placenta development and then they go away. I guess it's just normal for some people's placentas to develop that way and they just were being cautious by putting me on bed rest. I don't need to worry anymore she said because they won't be coming back. And I can go about my life as usual again too - NO MORE BED REST!
At my midwife appointment on Monday she measured my belly for the first time. I was measuring an inch smaller than normal but she said that's fine and I should be measuring normal by my next appointment. It's funny that the baby's supposedly measuring a little bigger than normal and I'm measuring small.
The baby's heart rate seems to be averaging in the 140's these days... consistent with the theory that boy's heart rates are slower than girls :).
I'm finally sure I'm feeling the baby move too recently! It feels like little bubbles for the most part, but sometimes it also feels like a kick. It's so fun!
-------------------
In other news, I'm busy preparing this week to go on my annual scrapbooking retreat in Gettysburg this weekend. My friend Sarah and I leave Friday morning and we'll be gone until Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to catch up on my albums in preparation for starting our baby's album after he's born. It'll also be fun to get away and have fun chatting with girls and shopping at the outlets that are right next door :).
Jon's also been busy: working during the day and then after work he's been creating websites for a few people on the side. He's not looking forward to me being away this weekend, but at the same time he is looking forward to some free time to catch up on his ever growing list of things he wants to do :).
Well, I better jump off now and keep getting things done!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment