Last time I wrote I was sitting in my disaster of a spare room getting ready to start cleaning… It looks much better now thanks to moving a bunch of stuff upstairs!
On my to-do list for Saturday I wanted to organize our closet and eve upstairs to create more storage room. So, Saturday morning after sleeping in :), straightening up the house a bit, and making lunch, I headed upstairs to start organizing. After pulling all the junk out of the closet to get to the eve I realized I had forgotten how dark and dirty it was, and how many empty boxes and misc. things we had shoved in there, {maybe there wasn’t that much extra space afterall} this was going to be a bigger project than I had thought, and I had no desire to crawl around in the dirt and dust with a flashlight to straighten it up. So I sat there… and sat there… haha!
Jon was upstairs too, working on the logo he was creating, and I think I was getting on his nerves because I kept interupting him and rambling to myself and to him about how I didn’t want to crawl on the dirty floors, and there didn’t seem to be much space left, and even if I did make more space it would still be dirty in there so I’d never use the space for storage, so was it worth it? And-on-and-on…
After reasoning like this for a while I decided: the only way I was going to organize and utilize the full length of the eve would be if we put remnant carpet in there, and why not do that right then because I already wasted half the day anyway. So I measured and called around to see how much it would cost to cover the entire eve in carpet. Roy Lomas said I could definatly do it for $100 or less so Jon said I could go get some carpet but I shouldn’t spend more than about $40.
Off I went, not exactly sure what would come of my trip to the carpet store. All I can say is… God was working! When I first got there and told them the dimentions of the space I needed to cover, I was told that was a very unusual size (30’ x 7’) and probably the best I could do was find a few smaller pieces and put them together, but within 10 minutes I had found a piece of carpet that was almost a perfect fit and was only $39!!! I was soo excited!
When I got home Jon helped me clear out the eve of all our empty boxes as well as an old door, some old carpet, and other odd things we found back in there - it was a dirty job! Then we spent a good half hour to an hour rolling out the carpet into the eve… well, Jon did most of the work… I watched and tried to help but the carpet was too heavy for me and it was a very awkward space to put carpeting into. After Jon laid down the carpet I vacuumed it and Jon helped me put all our empty boxes all the way to the very back of the eve which left us with plenty more room for storing other things. I’m surprized at how much extra space we have now. The carpeting looks great in there and now it’s all clean and fairly organized so as soon as Jon installs some lights, I might actually crawl in once-in-a-while to store things :) .
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment