Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Scrapbooking Retreat

I’m back from my scrapbooking retreat. I had a great time! Sarah and I left around 9:30 am Friday morning and were in Gettysburg in time for lunch. Then we unpacked all our things and started scrapbooking. It took me a little while to get into a groove and start moving but eventually I did and I got way more accomplished than I had anticipated. I began with when we first started dating and Jon gave me my iPod for my 20th birthday. By the time we left (around lunch time on Sunday) I was up to the processional of our wedding!! I started with about 430 pictures and got almost ½ of them in my book. I’m really happy with how the pages have been turning out.

Sarah and I had fun driving there and back and hanging out while we were up there. On the way there we discovered that I can’t drive and talk at the same time… I slow way down when I get talking! :) So, on the way home I used my cruise control most of the time and we made better time :).

Saturday afternoon we went shopping at the Gettysburg Outlet stores that are right next door. I just about went crazy with the great prices! Thank goodness Sarah was there to remind me not to spend too much! :)

I had a lot of fun but I was glad to get home and be with Jon on Sunday night. He went snowboarding both nights I was away – his knee is feeling just about normal.

Last night we went to Chili’s with Osborne’s and then came back to our house to discuss Love that Lasts. It was encouraging and fun. Tonight we’re going to the Inn for dinner with our couples group and then we’ll probably come back to our house to talk.

Manda might be coming over Wednesday to hang out with me for a while. That would be great! I hope she can come.

Everything is going pretty normal otherwise at our house. No injuries or sickness for now… :) We’ll hope it stays that way for a while!

No comments: