Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Scrapbooking / Snowboarding / Emergency Room

As always I am keeping very busy. In the last week or so I have spent most of my free time getting ready for the scrapbooking retreat I am going on this weekend with Sarah. Tonight I hope to finish organizing and editing all my pictures and then take them to Costco to get developed. Sarah and I decided now, to leave early Friday morning so we’ll have even more scrapbook time. I’m leaving my house right after Jon leaves for school and picking Sarah up to head out to Gettysburg.

This past Saturday Jon and I went snowboarding for the first time this year – it’s been so warm we couldn’t go earlier. We went down the hill once and got back on the lift. There was a skier that I didn’t know sitting next to me and I was afraid I would run into him getting off the lift (I’m not that good at getting off smoothly) so I asked Jon if he could try to hold me up. So we got to the top and off the lift but soon after that both of us fell together. I hit my knee and got a bruise… Jon hit his knee really hard. He said he got really dizzy and thirsty and started blacking out and doesn’t remember much. He stood up for a little and was leaning on me but then collapsed taking me down with him (he doesn’t remember that). I think that’s when the ski patrol guys saw us and came over. They asked all kinds of questions and offered to take Jon down on a sled. Jon didn’t want that so he just sat down for a while and then made it down the hill to the lodge… that was then end of our first snowboarding trip! Not much snowboarding but we were both glad to be together.

Sunday morning Jon’s knee hurt extremely bad when he tried to walk so we stayed home from church. Sunday afternoon we found out Jon's parents had crutches at their house so I went and got them for him. That night we went to my cousins birthday party. Everyone was saying that Jon should get his knee checked out because it could be something serious even though it was starting to feel better.

So Monday morning we went to the emergency room to get an x-ray and a doctors opinion. The x-ray showed that it was just a deep bruise and the doctor said for Jon to continue using crutches for a few days and take it easy.

I was really glad to know that it was nothing serious and Jon was glad because it means that he can go snowboarding this weekend while I’m away – as long as his knee feels fine. Yesterday he started walking without the crutches and today he said it’s feeling really good!

How crazy! We are barely 6 months into our marriage and have already been to the emergency room twice! At least this time we got answers.

Just an FYI… the Passion Fest website that Jon’s been working on is live now: www.passionfest.org. Check it out! Jon did all of the image and animation work on it. They’ll be continual updates as the event gets closer.

No comments: