I survived Jon being away at the men’s retreat! :) Thursday night I kept myself busy grocery shopping, cleaning and doing wash till Manda got there at around 10:00. We talked for about an hour and then went to bed. Friday night, after work, Manda was with me all night. We made dinner at my house and then went out to Starbucks for some coffee and to talk some more. We were able to really catch-up with what’s going on in each others lives, which was great! After Starbucks we went to Blockbuster to pick up Sweet Home Alabama… that’s one of my favorite movies and Manda has never seen it, so we watched that. As always, I cried when Melanie went to visit Bear’s grave in the coon-dog graveyard! :) That part always gets me. Manda had tears in her eyes too…
We talked till late into the night and when we woke up Saturday morning we talked the whole morning until she had to leave. I had a lot of fun and it distracted me from being lonely. Jon got home around 4:00 Saturday. I was so glad to have him back at home! Jon said the conference was really good and very encouraging and challenging. He went over all the messages with me and explained what he learned from each one. That was fun hearing all the things he was taught and it was really exciting to see him learning and growing.
Yesterday we had lunch with Nate and Shawna and then went to my parents house - Nate and Jon were target shooting with pistols. They’re both all into pistols these days so Jon was excited to get to shoot one. We also went over to visit Grandma Bea’s mom – Grammy – who turned 101 yesterday!! It’s amazing how much energy she still has.
Last night we had some people over to watch a new movie called “The Illusionist”. I had never heard of the movie before but it was really good. Nate and Jon installed my under-cabinet CD player in the kitchen. I’m looking forward to trying it out tonight.
My big project right now is getting ready for the scrapbooking retreat I’m going on with Sarah the last weekend of this month. It’s coming up quick and I still have to sort, crop and edit all the pictures I’ll be using and get them printed out. I think I’m going to be working on a 12x12 album of Jon and my love story, including our dating, engagement, showers, wedding and honeymoon. I’m excited to get started on this album.
The scrapbooking retreat, I’m sure, will be tons of fun! It’s in Gettysburg at a hotel which is right across the street from shopping outlets. So when we need a break from scrapbooking, we can go shopping! :) It’s going to be another weekend away from Jon though – I’m not looking forward to that. :(
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment