Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday - Day Off

Since it's Good Friday I had OFF WORK today!! It was great! I always enjoy a day off work :). I assumed Jon would have off school as well but he didn't. This morning when I woke up to my alarm going off at 6:30am I quickly shut it off, glad for the extra sleep - completely forgetting that Jon still had school and would need to wake up in time... Jon woke up 5 minutes before he was supposed to be at school and realized what I'd done - I was still sound asleep. Oops!! He was pretty late to school but luckily it didn't really affect anything.

We were hoping to start working in our yard today and tomorrow but since its all of a sudden so cold outside I stayed in most of the day.

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time... cut hair! Jon was in need of a hair cut and we just recently purchased a buzzer and hair cutting kit from Costco, so I gave it a try! Jon was kinda nervous about me cutting his hair :). It turnned out pretty good despite the buzzer not working the best (we're returning it). I didn't realize though, that he normally doesn't get the top of his hair buzzed, they normally cut it by hand - and Jon didn't tell me until I was half way done buzzing the top of his head - so his hair is a little shorter than usual... but I like it! We'll see if Jon lets me try again next time he needs a hair cut...

Ocean City Monday night was a fun change of pace. We drove down, ate some Mac N' Mancos Pizza, and then drove home. It was cold on the boardwalk so everything was closed and there were only a couple people out. It was nice to have the long car ride to talk, uninteruppted. We don't often get time like that.

I was just thinking about a book coming out somewhat soon, that I'm really excited for. It's called "Shopping for Time - How to do it all and not be overwhelmed" You can read about it here. That question "how to do it all and not be overwhelmed" runs through my mind a lot so I can't wait to find out what the girl talk bloggers have to say about it!

Alright, it's getting late, I think I'll call it a night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alana, your grandma bea was at our restaurant friday and gave me your blog address. how are you guys doing? I haven't gotten a chance to read about your trip to germany yet...i am so busy. anyway just wanted to say hi. here is my email...
cavacas@gmail.com.
Alicia

Kelsey said...

Ha ha you gave me a laugh about the alarm clock thing. Sounds like you guys are doing well.
talk to ya later,
Kelsey