I could not believe it when I woke up this morning to see snow covering the ground and still falling! What ever happened to spring? Are we really in the middle of April? My word! I've heard this weekend we're supposed to see mid-60s and sunshine which I'm very excited about. Jon and I have been itching to get outside and start working in the yard and flower beds but the weather has kept us inside. We haven't just been sitting around doing nothing though.
Easter Sunday we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Easter with my Mom's side of the family. Even though all of my cousins and I, as well as Jon and Shawna now, are well past the age of Easter-egg-hunting, my parents and aunt and uncle still insist that we do an Easter-egg-hunt. They just can't bear to see the tradition stop. This year, because of the weather, we had an indoor hunt. For some reason it wasn't quite as embarrassing as last year - maybe since Jon was there to keep me company. It was pretty crazy in the house with 10 of us pushing, and shoving our way to the eggs first. Well, I wasn't pushing and shoving, but the guys were. :) My cousin Drew, for the first time in his life, found the prize egg and won the big chocolate bunny! He also ended up with a red light-bulb in his bag (everyone got a good laugh out of that).
Monday and Tuesday nights were nice and relaxing. We had nothing on the calendar so Jon and I stayed home and spent time together. Two nights in a row with nothing to do is pretty rare for us.
Thursday Jon took off work and went to a concert with some of his buddies so I went over to Sarah's house to keep her company since Brian was away on a business trip. We had a great time talking and scrapbooking together. I amazed myself with how much I got done too. :)
Friday night we went over to Doug and Steph Miller's house for dessert. They had asked to see our Germany pictures - which aren't sorted or printed out yet - so we took the laptop to show them. I hope they weren't bored by the time we got through our over 800 pictures! I have to get around to sorting them out :)
Saturday night we had a surprise party for my sister-in-law Shawna's 21st birthday. I think we actually surprised her, she's normally really nosy and hard to surprise. :)
And then finally we come to yesterday. Dave and Tanya Newman came over for cheesesteaks after church and we had a great time laughing and talking with them - getting to know them a little better. They are a fun couple and I now found someone who is almost as paranoid and scared of animals and bugs as I am! Although, Tanya's not afraid of thousand-leggers and spiders... EWW! I can't stand them!
Last night after Dave and Tanya left, Jon and I decided to just stay home and relax. I got out my scrapbooking stuff again and Jon hung out in the living room with me and played video games. It was so nice and relaxing! I wish we had more nights like that.
I really need to keep up with my blog more! It seems like its always a week or so in between my posts and then I have so much to say I forget some of it or don't write it because the post is getting long... like right now. I think I'll save the rest for tomorrow (or another day).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment