Jon finished school at the end of August!! It's amazing that it's been 2 years since he started at ITT Tech. He worked hard throughout his classes and graduated with honors and a 3.6 GPA. I'm proud of him :). Last night was his graduation ceremony. My parents, Jon's family and I all went to celebrate with him; then we all went out for dinner & dessert afterward. I'll post some pictures later. We used my parents camera to take the pictures so I don't have any right now.
Jon had a week free inbetween finishing school and Myrtle Beach, so he took it upon himself to re-paint our front porch - a project we've been putting off for a while. It turned out really well!! Here are a few afterward pictures:
Some of you may or may not have known Jon & I were considering going on a 2-3 week mission trip to Japan later this year. Right before leaving for Myrtle Beach we found out that the dates we could go were the two weeks right before Christmas - that was the latest possible time we were thinking it could be. I was already feeling like maybe it wasn't a good idea, but finding that out made me really nervous about going and the stress that would have put on our entire Christmas season. Ultimatly though, the reason Jon decided not to go was because he was not comfortable with how that left his job situation - he really wouldn't have been able to get a job until the beginning of next year.
Speaking of Jon's job situation, since coming home from Myrtle Beach he's begun a full-time search for a Job. He's spent the last few days working the whole day on perfecting his resume and working to create an online portfolio of all his work - he's creating a website specifically for his portfolio. We've both spent time searching monster.com and a few other job-search sites looking for possible job opportunities. It looks like it's not going to be easy to find a job just starting out in the graphics design field. We could use prayer - especially Jon - for wisdom, direction and guidance. It's somewhat overwhelming and stressful.
Equinox Visual has been put on the back burner for now while Jon is looking for a job, he's not sure what will eventually happen with the company.
So anyway, a lot of that was about Jon. Nothing much has been going on with me latley. I really enjoyed Myrtle Beach and getting away for a week from work and busy life. In a little over a week we'll be going away again - this time to Cayman with Jon's family for a week. That will be fun too. All this vacationing though is really making me not want to go back to work :).
Hopefully it won't be too long before I have a chance to post pictures from Myrtle Beach and Jon's graduation.


2 comments:
Hi Alana,
I have been thinking about you lately and somehow i lost your email address so please email me....i would love to get together sometime. enjoy your vacation.... i am soo jealous :)
Alicia
alicia.vaca@gmail.com
Alicia, did you get my email yesterday (9-24)? I sent you one in reply to your last comment.
Post a Comment