Monday, December 17, 2007

Sleeping on the Job...

Yesterday Jon and I brought Sydney Herr home with us after church to take a nap at our house, then hang out with us until the Christmas concert that our church held last night. Brian & Sarah were both either in the concert or running sound, so they needed to be there early. After Sydney woke up from her nap I was still in the kitchen making cookies - you'd think all I do these days is bake cookies - so Jon was helping out by keeping an eye on Sydney and playing with her. After a while I had a break where there was nothing I needed to be in the kitchen for, so I went into the living room to see what they were up to. Here's what I discovered:





Haha!!! I quietly got the camera and snapped the picture and then started laughing. :)Looks like Jon's the one that needed a nap.

Alright, I need to get wrapping gifts and baking MORE cookies!! So far this year I've made White Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Crinkles, Peanutbutter Blossoms, Chocolate-dipped Shortbread and sugar cookies. Tonight I'm making Snickerdoodles and rolling and cutting out the dough that's in the refrigerator to make Christmas cut-out cookies. My favorite are the Chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies. I'm not sure where the recepie originally came from, but I got it from my mom. Here it is incase you want to try them:

Cookies:

2 cups flour
1 cup margarine (soft) - margarine works better than butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips until well blended. Add chocolate chips and mix into dough. Roll into thin logs 3-4 inches long and bake 10-12 minutes at 350degrees.

Frosting:

3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. Crisco (vegetable oil works well too)

Melt ingredients over very hot water in double broiler. Dip one end of each cookie in the chocolate and lay on wax paper on a flat cookie sheet. Cool cookies in fridge for at least 1 hour to set chocolate before storing.

Enjoy!

No comments: