Saturday, January 12, 2008

Delicious Recipe

I made this recipe a while ago and Jon really liked it. It has a lot of flavor - which is how Jon likes his food. I liked it as well so I thought I'd share it.

Chicken with Bacon, Rosemary & Lemon

~ 5 slices of bacon, chopped
~ 1/4 cup flour
~ 4 chicken breasts
~ Salt & Pepper
~ 1 Tbsp. butter
~ 4 garlic cloves
~ 1 tsp. rosemary, ground
~ 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
~ 1 cup chicken broth
~ 2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Fry bacon over med-high heat until crisp then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons of the grease.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour and shake to remove excess.

Add butter to bacon grease and melt.

Cook chicken on med-high heat until browned on both sides. Transfer chicken to plate and cover with foil.

Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, rosemary & ground red pepper. Cook about 2 minutes until garlic is browned and crisp. Add broth and lemon juice. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.

Return chicken and bacon to the pan and simmer, turning chicken a few times, until sauce is thick and glossy - 2 to 3 minutes.

Serve over white rice.

No comments: